Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm Not Dead Yet

Okay, I'll admit it. My blogging frequency leaves much to be desired. On the other hand, nobody ever gets tired of hearing what I have to say. On a few occasions, I have been dangerously close to putting my thoughts on the 2008 Presidential candidates on the record. However, I'm one of the few (apparently) who really despise the fact that the race began a year earlier than in the past. Not only that, but states have been playing chicken to see who can set their primary closest to January 1, 2008 without going over.

Maybe it's jut me, but doesn't it seem odd that, with all our advanced technology and transportation, Presidential candidates need a longer period of time to run for office than they did 200 years ago? A two year election campaign would have made sense when candidates "flew" from town to town on a speeding horse-drawn carriage and the equivalent of an e-blast was some pimple-faced kid handing out campaign brochures on the street corner.

It is likely that this election will eclipse all previous records for campaign spending. At least we have McCain-Feingold to get the money out of politics . . . (do I need to add?) . . . NOT!

Labels: , ,