Saturday, October 06, 2007

When in Doubt, Swipe a Meme.

The following meme is courtesy of Muzzy.

1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?

Well, I suppose the most interesting one is also the smallest and is getting harder to see as the years pass. When I was in elementary school, my father was a Christian Education Director at a Lutheran church in Bismarck, North Dakota. My parents were chaperoning a high school youth event in the basement of the church. One of the activities was darts. I was standing safely off to the side when my younger sister, who was probably 4-5 years old, insisted on giving it a try. Her release point was a little off and the dart hit me square in the right shoulder. It didn't bleed much when I pulled it out, but it hurt like the dickens.

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?

Several Official Lord of the Rings replica swords. Sure, folks may laugh at my mighty swords, but a guy's gotta have a hobby.

3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE?

Interestingly enough, it looks just like a cell phone. Imagine that.

4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LIKE TO LISTEN TO?

I'm not real particular, but I prefer music with intelligent lyrics. That eliminates most pop, rap, hip hop, heavy metal, hard rock, and surf music.

5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?

No, but I'm reasonably sure it was between 12:01 AM and 11:59 PM give or take a couple minutes.

6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?

To be able to go back in time and change some of the decisions I made, say some things I should have said and not say some things I did say. The most depressing thing about getting older is that you can look back and see what an fool you were when you were young.

7. WHAT DO YOU MISS AT TIMES?

My first inclination was to say, "My father", but I miss him all the time. He went to be with the Lord almost 10 years ago. What I miss at times is having a normal family life. I'll just leave it at that.

8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION?

My father's bible.

9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMELL?

Baking bread. It smells like home.

Labels: ,