Friday, December 30, 2005

Dennis Prager's Sad Announcement

My earlier post quoting radio talk show host Dennis Prager now has a certain poignance. Dennis broke the news today on his radio program that he and his wife were getting divorced. Normally, I would be tempted to make some wisecrack, but I have too much respect for Mr. Prager to even consider it. I know that he has very high regard for marriage and that this mutual decision they arrived at was not done casually.

I'm sure that many who dislike him or at least his message will try to use this painful time in his life to score political points. In fact, I heard one call in on another radio talk show just an hour or two after Dennis made his personal and emotionally painful announcement. The actions of these cretins tells you everything you need to know about their character and compassion (or lack thereof).

I have some personal experience in this area and I can attest that, no matter how amicable a divorce is, it is never painless. So, I wish Dennis and Fran well as they go through this difficult time.

(Since Dennis is a scholar of the Torah, I won't bother offering a passage of scripture for comfort. Besides, it has not escaped my notice that he is unlikely to be a regular reader of my blog.)