Friday, August 29, 2008

Sarah Palin on Taking Risks

". . . I didn't get into government to
do the safe and easy things.
A ship in harbor is safe,
but that's not why the ship is built."


Sarah Palin ~ From her speech accepting VP candidacy.
August 29, 2008



UPDATE!!

In the interest of accuracy, I find it necessary to note that at least part of the above quote is not original to Sarah. According to Wikiquote and The Quotations Page, John August Shedd's 1928 book, Salt from My Attic, contained the line:

"A ship in harbor is safe,
but that is not what ships are built for."

In my brief internet search, I found other attributions and variations. However, the attributions to John A. Shedd were the only ones which had detailed information (i.e. title of source material, date published).

Labels: , ,