Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The World Revolves Around Meme

I really hate those emails that get passed around in which the recipient is admonished to forward the email to at least ten others or risk angering the Furies. If that were true I should have been a crispy critter a long time ago. I don't have quite that much disdain for the meme phenomena, which is why I decided to take my tagging like a man. So here goes:


Name a song...

... that was big part of your childhood.
The Banana Splits Theme

... that makes you cry.
I'm Not In Love by 10cc (Big boys don't cry).

... that reminds you of a former love.
Someone Saved My Life Tonight by Elton John.

... that reminds you of a friend.
Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears For Fears. (This one's for you, Max)

... that is stuck in your head right now.
Black Horse & The Cherry Tree by KT Tunstall.

... that makes you laugh.
Political Science by Randy Newman.

... that reminds you of a bad time in your life.
A Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harum

... that you would dedicate to a friend.
Gloom, Despair and Agony on Me by Buck Owens & Roy Clark. (You know who you are.)

... that makes you smile.
The Poopsmith Song by Over the Rhine

... that you never want to hear again.
Anything by Rod Stewart.

... that you would like to have played at your wedding
Pledge My Head to Heaven by Keith Green.

... that reminds you of your teenage years.
Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees.

... that you would love to hear upon awakening.
I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash.

... that reminds you of your first major crush.
Hot For Teacher by Van Halen. (Okay, it was Kindergarten but a crush is a crush.)

... that you loved from your parents' record collection.
Car-Car and Jesus Met the Woman from the album "Peter, Paul & Mary In Concert".

... that you think the video was better than the song.
Thriller by Michael Jackson.

... that reminds you of your current s.o. or spouse.
Unfortunately, I don't even have an insignificant other.

... that you think was better as a remake than the original.
Joe Cocker's remake of Randy Newman's You Can Leave Your Hat On.

... that you're embarrassed for liking.
Hand In My Pocket by Alanis Morissette.

... that makes you think of sex.
I try not to think about it.

... that you could have written.
Abracadabra by Steve Miller.

... that makes you sad.
The Path of Thorns (Terms) by Sarah McLachlan.

... that fires you up.
If I Had a Rocket Launcher by Bruce Cockburn.

... that makes you want to dance.
Mysterious Ways by U2.

... that you listened to most recently.
Suitcase by Over the Rhine.

... that sums up your way of looking at life.
Alive by P.O.D.


I now pass the meme baton to Mr. Cognito.

Labels: ,