Thursday, September 15, 2005

It's OK Folks - She's Done This Before

Between Two Worlds has a post on Secretary of State Rice's interview with The Factor. While I recommend reading the entire interview, I found the following exchange interesting:
O'REILLY: One more question on this. Does it hurt your feelings that most black Americans don't like the president?
RICE: No.
O'REILLY: Do you take it personally?
RICE: I don't take anything personally, no. No. But I do like to have an opportunity to talk to people about what this president has meant for the empowerment of black Americans.
O'REILLY: Does it hurt your feelings when some anti-Bush people say that you're a shill for him and sold out your race?
RICE: Oh, come on. Why would I worry about something like that? Bill, the fact of the matter is, I've been black all my life. Nobody needs to help me how to be black.
You go, girl.